Our goal is to provide and maintain a good physician-patient relationship. Please understand that payment for services is part of that relationship. Your understanding of our financial policy allows for open communication. Please do not hesitate to ask questions regarding this policy.
Before Your Appointment
- Contact your insurance company if you have questions regarding benefits or covered services. Insurance plans vary considerably. It is the responsibility of the patient to provide accurate insurance information. Inaccurate information can result in denials and/or non-coverage by your insurance company. This may result in the guarantor being responsible for payment.
- University Surgical Associates participates with a variety of insurance companies. Please check with our Billing Department at 401-453-9625 to determine if he/she accepts your insurance.
- If your insurance requires a referral to a specialist, contact your Primary Care Provider. Advanced notice is required for some offices. Contact your PCP as soon as you make your appointment.
- According to your insurance company, you are responsible for any and all co-payments, deductibles and co-insurances at the time of service.
- If you have an outstanding balance, payment is expected the day of your appointment.
- If you are uninsured, payment is expected the day service is rendered. If you would like to discuss payment arrangements please contact the Billing Department at 401-453-9625.
At Check In
- Bring a photo ID or another form of identification.
- Bring your health insurance card.
- Please inform us if there are any changes to your insurance or demographic information.
- Bring any forms that have been mailed to you. For your convenience, new patient forms are available on this website.
- Be prepared to make any copayments or deductibles at the time service is rendered.
After Your Visit
- If you are unable to pay your balance in full please contact the Billing Department at 401-453-9625 to make payment arrangements.
- If you have questions regarding your statement please contact the Billing Department.
- Please make timely payments.